Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Little Miss:: Maddie

In the last week of May, I started "nannying" this precious little girl two days a week. I had been working five days a week at State Farm and doing photography during the evenings and weekends, but I was feeling the need to shake things up a bit. Anyone who knows me knows that sitting at a desk all day is beyond challenging for me. I'm a child at heart and I would much rather be out having adventures than being a responsible adult. But, as life continues to fly by, the fact that I can no longer spend my hours daydreaming and pretending has become impossible not to accept. I still long to fill my days with laughter and fun, however, so when the opportunity presented itself to change up my schedule and spend two days a week playing and laughing and exploring with a sweet little 13 month old, I couldn't resist. I checked and rechecked my budget, worked with my boss to rearrange my hours at State Farm to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and took on my nannying position Tuesday and Thursday. I also took on a SEO job that I can work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays to help supplement some income (and still fill up my photography schedule as much as possible!). And I have absolutely LOVED it. It has been the perfect mixture for me of working my "adult" job, and doing something I am passionate about. I've loved being home more (and actually working to keep my house cleaned and somewhat organized - yay!), and I have absolutely fallen in love with the precious Little Miss: Maddie. Here are a few, or maybe more than a few, pictures of our time together. Maddie has been a huge blessing - she is so much fun to take care of, and we love playing all day long. Maddie is always ALL smiles, and she loves to snuggle up and read some books.





































I've loved every second I've sent with this girl so far, and I plan on enjoying every second that I have left to spend with her! She'll be back to spending her days with Grandma once school starts up again in August - and while I know that will be very special for her AND for Grandma, I will definitely miss our days together!

On a side note - IT'S THE MIDDLE OF JULY! How did the year fly by so quickly?! It has been quite a year so far for me, and I hope it's been a great year for you too, whoever you are!

Thanks for reading.

Kortney Alacyn

No comments:

Post a Comment