Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan

Fweeeeeeeew. Made it through the crazzzzzzzzy holiday season. Seriously, I'm pretty sure October-December is lived in fast-forward. I loved every second of the last three months, but (for possibly the first time ever) I am excited to get back into a routine and start putting my plans into action.

Speaking of plans.... here's what I've been working on.

Organization:

 **Taylor and I took a day and a half of solid working hours and went through our main level and did some deep cleaning. We got rid of a bunch of stuff we don't use/need, and we cleaned things we've not cleaned in the whole three and a half years that we've lived in our house (um...GROSS). Here are a few pictures of our progress.




























 The big challenge is going to be tackling our basement - which has become a dumping grounds for everyone, and is piled high. I'm also slowing working through my bedroom. The idea I'm trying to keep in mind as I go through this process is:

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris.

This has been really inspirational for me as I have started going through and getting rid of - a process that I should have started many years ago.

**I bought myself a planner, and I've started writing down my goals instead of just having the idea in my head.

**I have written down some of my January goals in my pages: exercises, meals. I also posted in my thoughts on starting fresh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment